Friday, March 16, 2012

Out of the Cold

 In January Matt and I were able to get away for a week!  We were so excited to get out of the snow and the bitter cold days and head to Maui.  Our friends Danielle and Ryan invited us to go with them and we had a blast.  After waking up at 3 am and flying all day it sure felt good to put on a short sleeved shirt and stick my feet in the sand.

 After church with Danielle.  Can you imagine having this view from church each week?
Monday we headed to Black Rock to do some snorkeling and the guys were going to jump from Black Rock.  Matt stepped on a sea urchin and until a couple of weeks ago he was still limping and pulling things out of his foot.  Ouch!  But good thing for vinegar to help take the sting out.
I'm still dreaming of all the amazing food we ate!  Just yesterday Matt and I were talking about the fish tacos.  And who could forget the Hula Pie and the Shaved Ice.  Yummy!
 The "heart" hole in the rock at the blow hole.  Isn't that cool.



 Until next time Maui- I will miss you.  Thank you Ryan and Danielle for inviting us and a big thanks to my awesome in-laws for watching the kids and Carin thank you for taking such great care of Ryder!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I love all the romantic pictures you guys took. Too bad I wasn't there to spy on you guys.

Unknown said...

Hawaii is amazing. Glad you had fun.

Marcie said...

WE LOVE MAUI!! Looks like fun! Let's grab the Coverleys and all go!