Friday, March 23, 2012

Family Update: Cade Matthew

 Cade goes off to school each day and by the time he comes home I feel like he has grown some more.
He is changing right before my eyes.
When I was thinking about him today I was reminded of a time when he was very small.
I was up feeding him in the very early morning hours of the day
The house was quiet
I was overwhelmed with the feeling that some day he would gone...
Serving a mission.
 Cade has always been my sensitive child.  
When he was in Kindergarten his teacher told me that he would cry every day at school.
Kids would pick on him or he would be upset that he couldn't figure something out.
I'm happy to report that he has out grown that.
Can you imagine if he still cried every day at school.  Oh my!

 Cade loves to be around others, his friends, his teammates, his family.
I love to remind Haylie and Cade that when they were young they were 
the best of friends.
Right now I think they still like each other or they like to bug each other.


 Cade has always been my most cuddly child.  
This picture was taken two years ago.
So much has changed since then.
He is now taller than me 
And there is no way he will cuddle with me any more
But he will sit close to me on the couch.
And he will cuddle with Ryder.

 Cade is a super great brother.
The thing that makes him special is how much he make all of us laugh.
I know that he has a whole bunch of younger brothers that really look up to him.
One of my favorite responsibilities that he has right now is to watch Ryder during
the opening exercises of Priesthood.  Matt has to sit on the stand and I'm in Young Women's so 
Cade sits with Ryder on a pew with all of the other deacons. 
But the sitting doesn't last long because within a few minutes he ends up in the hall with a squirmy, loud younger brother.  
But I love it because I know he is going to make a great father some day...
Cade stays super busy.
Often playing more that more sport at a time.
Once we moved to Colorado coaches started coming up to us and asking about him.
He was being sought after.
This never hurts for people to want you on their team.
He plays football, basketball, baseball, and runs on the school track team.
He does get stronger every day.
He is an avid BYU fan.  Not afraid to let people know that too.
He is an example at school.
A quiet leader.
And I am proud to be raising a missionary.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go Cade. Love the update. He is getting very tall.

Sara said...

I'm loving these updates. I like hearing how different each of your kids are. Cade is such a stud.

tothe4thfloor said...

This nearly made me cry. Cade is so sweet and we miss him so much. And I'm afraid of totally freaking out when I see him! I can't believe in two years how much he has changed And almost 2 years more since then... I can't imagine!

tothe4thfloor said...

This nearly made me cry. Cade is so sweet and we miss him so much. And I'm afraid of totally freaking out when I see him! I can't believe in two years how much he has changed And almost 2 years more since then... I can't imagine!

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

Oh cute cade! I love all these posts kari!