Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The power of a trampoline

 When I was growing up I wanted a trampoline so bad.  I begged and begged for one.  When my birthday would come around all I would ask for was a trampoline.  Finally, I think my parents felt bad enough and I got the best present ever.  This was back in the day when trampolines did not have nets and you packed as many friends on as you could.  None of my friends had a trampoline so this was a novelty and everyone loved it.  I had so many friends that would come over after school to jump.  It was the best.  So of course I wanted to have one for my kids. After living in our home for a year the trampoline that we brought with us from California was finally reassembled.  Ryder had his first experience with the trampoline and he loves it.  He stands at the door and begs to go outside.  
 Last night Weston, Tanner, and Cade were jumping.  The trampoline has only been up for two days. Since Cade is practically a full grown man he jumps and bounces the boys way too high.  Tanner's head went right into Weston's lip.  There was lots of blood and tears.  And the first of many trampoline injuries.  
Hopefully this trampoline will provide as many happy times as my childhood trampoline provided me.  And hopefully the good will out weigh the bad.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Now Weston will just have luscious lips to attract the ladies ;) I can't believe you have lived in CO for a year now! Time flies...