Sunday, April 1, 2012

Family Update: Weston Wayne


This boy is so special to me.
After not having a baby for more than 3 1/2 years I was thrilled to have a baby again.
He has brought us so much joy ever since.
Independent, curious, sweet, bright.
Weston loves life.
He wants to experience new things. 
He loves science and learning how things work.
We just spent two days in a hospital with Weston.  
It was spring break and we were on vacation.
He had a severe asthma attack.
It's so hard to see your child in pain.
I'm glad he is brave and that he has learned to listen to his body.
So after an ambulance ride and a lot of pokes and pain...
I am reminded how I love his smile and just how patient he is.
He doesn't mind being alone.  
Even as a little child he would sometimes wander off on his own and play.
And sometimes he would just wander off and get lost.
The ultimate Peacemaker.
Middle child...
Puts up with a lot from the older siblings to the younger ones.
He is a sensitive boy who wants to make good choices.
Life is all about food for Weston.
No meals will be skipped.
And he will make sure that there is an adequate dessert for all occasions.
Loves his cousins!
They are his best friends.
He would be happy if they all lived next door.
He has cheeks that are pretty much impossible not to pinch.  
And even though I might be biased..
He has the most beautiful eyes.
I have a feeling that he will be a ladies man.
There is nothing I wouldn't do for this smile.
It melts me. 
The secret is that I've always had a hard time punishing him for anything...
I mean just look at that smile
 and he can produce crocodile tears with a snap of a finger.
 He was born on 8.8 and weighed 8.8.
I think he is lucky.
Weston loves money.  
He wants to earn money...
He wants to spend money...
He love souvenir gift shops. 
Once he sees something that he wants then there is no holding him back.  
It's like the money is really burning a hole in his pocket.
He loves buying books but not necessarily to read.
He will often just lose it at church and he will be giggling so hard.  
I have to make him leave the pew and go get a drink of water so that he can gain control.
His laugh is so contagious. 
I'm still not sure how to punish a child who is laughing.
What a blessing his zest for life is in our home.
How grateful I am for a little slice of heaven that came to influence me.
 Weston you make me smile each and every day.
I love you!

6 comments:

Sara said...

I would never be able to discipline that cute face either. I miss his smile and laugh.

loganandlisapratt.blogspot.com said...

I am loving these family updates! and of course I love love love all of those Call kids, but my Westy bear is just to die for. I think that smile makes everyone melt :] Miss his snuggles and smooches and miss you all!

tothe4thfloor said...

We love you Westie!! We would love to be able to say we live next door to you again!

tothe4thfloor said...

We love you Westie!! We would love to be able to say we live next door to you again!

Unknown said...

We love you Weston. We are glad you are doing better.

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Your kids are the best.