Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Family Update: Ryder Hart

 Ryder is the icing on top of the cake.
Super sweet and irresistible.
One taste and you keep coming back for more.
How did we live so long with out him?
As I was writing this update about him
he drew on the wall for the first time with blue crayon
and dumped out the sand and seashell decoration.
So I guess my perfect little baby is going to grow up.
  Ryder adapted well to being the baby of a busy, older family.
He loves the car.
If you give him the choice he will always choose the car over staying home.
He wakes up early just to join the 6 am seminary carpool with me and Haylie.
 He is very popular.
I'm not sure if he knows that he is a baby 
or if he thinks that he is a teenager.
But he definitely has more teenaged friends than baby friends.
And he is pretty good about going to any of them.
He is so easy going.  
He has the sweetest smile.
And the most beautiful little face.
I love to stare at him.
He is my little buddy.
All day long, it's just the two of us.
And I love every minute of it.
Just like with all of the other kids
from the moment I saw him I was in love
but this time it was different...
He not only had me and Matt wrapped around his finger 
he had all of these older sibling entranced as well.
Ryder is very affectionate. 
He gives kisses and hugs out freely.
And when he can sit still for a minute he will snuggle with you.
But his favorite person is his dad.
When dad is home Matt is not allowed to put him down.


He doesn't really love to read books.
I try and try again.
But he just won't sit still long enough to enjoy it.
But he does love being outside.
After the long winter, he recently was reunited with the outdoors
 and it's hard to get him to come inside.
His vocabulary is still fairly limited.
He has figured out how to say the important words like Mom, Dad, and Blanket.
When you are the youngest
you might get caught doing a few naughty things...
like carrying around your teenage sister's bra that you found in the laundry room.
Shhh...don't tell Haylie.
Having Ryder took a huge leap of faith for me and Matt.
It meant humbling ourselves and starting over with the baby stage.
We know for sure that he was meant to be in our family.
I have found so much joy from this little boy.
Straight from heaven,
he has already taught me so much
And I reminded of how much I love being a mother.
So Ryder even though it took you awhile to get here
thanks for being patient with us.
You were definitely worth the wait.
I love you little baby.

5 comments:

Sara said...

What a cutie!! And I know exactly what it's like to only have teenage friends as a little kid. I remember when you would tell me to do flips on the trampoline to show all your friends how cool your little sister was. haha Ryder is lucky to have so many older siblings to set a good example for him. I'm so glad little Ryder came into your family.

Janna said...

Another great post. I love the bra story and picture. So funny.

Mandi Peo said...

Love all of your family updates Kari. What very special kiddos, all 5 of them!

shannon said...

Loved reading these posts on each of your kids! What a great bunch! I heard you're coming to London this summer, would love to see you!

Brittney N said...

These are the sweetest posts! I wish Ryder and Graham could hang out more often because they sound like the same person. They'd have so much fun together! Your kids are the cutest and I can't believe how big they're getting--especially Cade! What a handsome boy! I bet he is a heartbreaker. We'll have to plan a trip to Colorado sometime to hang out with you guys!