Friday, May 4, 2012

Family Update: Matthew Lewis

I feel so lucky to be married to such a wonderful guy. 
Back 17 years ago I had no idea what a big decision I was making.
I think you have no idea how far reaching your choice of a companion is.
I might add that I must be a very smart person because what a great choice I made.
Matt is a kind person.
Definitely one of the first things that I noticed about him.
He cares about others and he wants the best for them.
He is generous and would help anyone.
He worries about his children and prays that they are happy.
The Church is the top priority.
He holds callings and serves others.
He loves the Savior and he lives a life that proves it.
Matt has been able to bless and baptize our children and I'm proud of that.
Matt is honest.
Not even a white lie comes out of his mouth.
Just ask him about Santa Claus and the tooth fairy!
Matt loves to travel.
He dreams of the next place he would love to visit.
I know this helps him get through the drugery of "normal" every day.
I think he would do just about anything to have more vacation days.
I love that he wants to spend more time with us.
Matt is a great listener.
I love talking to him and I know he will always be there for me.
We love to spend time together, 
whether it's dinner out or going on a bike ride we always have fun together.
Matt is a great father.
He loves to watch the kids play in their different sports.
He loves to check their grades on-line and gets on the kids when the grades aren't good enough.
He can do it all.  
Cook dinner, change diapers, do dishes, help with homework, 
and I realize I'm grateful that he is my partner in parenthood.
I am grateful to be married to my best friend.
I am lucky to be married to a man who provides and works hard for my kids and me.
I love everything about him. 
 It makes me happy to know that we can be together
Forever

3 comments:

Sara said...

What a great guy! Good thing you didn't listen to mom and dad when they gave you the music room talk, because you were making the best decision ever! We miss you guys a lot.

P.S. I love that picture of you guys all holding hands at the beach. So cute! I've never seen it before.

Unknown said...

I didn't say they couldn't get married. I'm glad you got married. We love Matt too.

shannon said...

Fun looking through all those photos of you two over the years!