Friday, October 19, 2007

Jay, JJ, or Janna

I had a hard time picking what picture to post for Janna's Birthday so I just picked lots from the last couple of years. Yes, today is another family birthday for my much younger sister Jay. She also lives way too far away and so we don't get to hang out and have as much fun together as we would like. But Janna have a wonderful Birthday. I miss you and I love you. The official story behind the nickname for Janna is this. When Janna was in Kindergarten and I was in 4th grade, I saw her playing at the Kindergarten playground while I was at recess too. So, I went over to the fence that separates the two playgrounds and I starting yelling her name so that she would see me and so that we could say "Hi" to each other but instead of yelling "Janna" I thought it would be cool to just yell "Jay!" I had never called her this before and so of course she didn't respond. So as I remember the story we never did say "Hi" that infamous school day but it was the beginning of a wonderful nickname.
*I am sure my sibling are going to tell me I am wrong and that I am remembering it my own way but to the best of my recollection this is how the story goes.
**Also if anyone cares, I always wanted to have a nickname because apparently I thought it was cool but no one ever gave me one. So for the record I think Janna is super lucky to have one.





9 comments:

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Love the pictues! I will try to come with a sweet nickname for you! I miss seeing you all, you always know how to have a good time. Have a great weekend!

Janna said...

Thank you Kari! I don't remember that day at the playground so your story sounds good to me. But I do remember writing my nickname on some homework in 5th grade. I only wrote the letter J though and my teacher didn't know whose it was.

Kelsey said...

LOoks like you guys have a lot of fun together! =)

tothe4thfloor said...

How about KKK? Just kidding.

Unknown said...

Great pictures. Keep them coming. As for a nickname Kari, we could call you Kay. Happy birthday Janna. I love you.

WAYNE HART, CHILDREN AND GRANDKIDS said...

how about cc (stands for candy corn)

from dad

Carin said...

I think dad must have forgot that your name starts with K. Oh that's right it doesn't matter since we have the same name.

LALALALUUUUUUUKE said...

Kari,

I dub thee Care Bear, since what naturally comes to mind is "Care" short for Kari. And-what would naturally come after Care is Bear.

Nice post, well done.

LALALALUUUUUUUKE said...

You can't be Kay by the way. Sorry Elaine. Kay belongs to Tom and Kathy. Too much of a social overlap. Like wearing the same dress as someone else at the same party, you wouldn't do that now, would you?