Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Day in the Life of Me

I found this Halloween picture from 2005. I thought it was too cute not to post. Happy October! Having four kids makes for some interesting, funny, and frustrating experiences. I thought I would share some of them from this week.

Weston informed me that he must have Cheetos is his snack for school everyday and that I don't need to bother packing any grapes.
Last Thursday Tanner came home with the preschool "share box." He immediately knew what he wanted to put in it. The Police Man from the movie "Cars." He wasn't going to be going to preschool until Tuesday, and wouldn't you know that the Police man had been in and out of the share box so many times that by Saturday he went missing. I don't think anything is more frustrating that looking for one small toy throughout the whole house. By Monday night, when Tanner went to bed we still had not found the toy. I was starting to think of a new idea for the share box, knowing that Tanner would be extremely disappointed in the morning. I was picking up the house Monday night and one cushion on the couch was tipped over and there was the Police Man just sitting on the couch looking at me like, "What's the big deal lady." That was my small miracle of the day.


This is what happens when you decide to scale the pantry shelves while mom is cooking dinner.
And even though I had already told Weston that we wouldn't be having any snacks he figured why start listening to mom now. How come it looks like I'm the one being punished? What a mess!

Yesterday I bought bags of candy corn to fill a glass pumpkin. This resulted in being way too much of a temptation for Tanner. Throughout the day I could hear the glass lid being taken off and I would see him shoving a hand full in his mouth. Of course I hid the pumpkin. After dinner I let all the kids have a few pieces of candy and he must have been paying attention because a half an hour later I was leaving for Young Women's and Matt has helping me load things into the car, Tanner knew this was his chance. He darted for the hidden pumpkin in the bowl, in a cupboard way up high. Matt said he walked in the door and Tanner was literally shoving handfuls in his mouth. His mouth was overflowing with candy corn. Notice the leftovers on the floor. It looks like we got attacked by the candy corn monster.



I have been busy for a month reading books (which is something that doesn't happen often.) I saw so many people's blogs talking about the Twilight books by Stephenie Meyer (a Mormon author from BYU and my age too.) Anyways I read all three books and loved them.

9 comments:

Janna said...

those are funny stories. I like the story of Tanner and the candy corn. I have to hid treats all the time. But it doesn't seem to help. I love the self portrait also.

tothe4thfloor said...

I have the same glass pumpkin jar! Now I know not to fill it with candy corn if Tanner comes over.

LALALALUUUUUUUKE said...

Wow Kari, aren't you cultured? Good job on the books. Janna is just as bad eating all of the candy as the boys are. Last week they had a bag of Doritos and some other candy and I barely got a sniff of the Doritos and none of the candy. If there is any candy or "chippies" (as Rusty calls them)in the house, you better hide them or say goodbye.

Unknown said...

Your life is too funny. I'm glad you are documenting all the crazy happenings. I know you guys were just as funny, but somehow the memories have faded. I guess you were just perfect angels.
I want to read the books now. To get you to read all three that quickly they must be good.

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Man, you had me laughing so hard. Your kids are seriously so stinking cute and funny. I can just imagine Tanner stuffing candy in his mouth. It reminds me of California when he would come over to our beach house for candy. What a stud! Weston and I have the Cheeto thing in common, why eat grapes when you can have Cheetos! DUH! HA HA! I wish i could see you guys more often. I bet you are the most popular family in the neighborhood. I love the Twlight Series, i could not put them down. They are addicting. Well keep sharing your awesome, funny stories. You are all the best! LOVE YA

WAYNE HART, CHILDREN AND GRANDKIDS said...

CHEETOS CALL

CANDY CORN CALL

WAY TO GO BOYS

Danielle said...

The candy corn story is all too familiar around here! What is it with three year olds and candy corn. I think it makes them tune out to the good side and move into the "dark side" :o)!

Sara said...

I loooove the stories Kari. Tell Weston and Tanner to come visit me in Provo and I'll give them candy corn and cheetos for every meal.

Kelsey said...

Your life looks very adventerous! How fun for you guys! =) Glad you enjoyed the addicting books, too! Are you having dreams of Edward yet like all of my friends?